Volunteer Training: Sun, May 19 - Afternoon
Plan on attending our first volunteer training session on Sunday, May 19. Sign up by submitting your name and contact information on this site (use form to the right). Even if you cannot attend this first training session, let us know if you want to help!
· Volunteers working with guests must be 21 and older
· All volunteers working with guests offer hospitality and active listen skills.
· Navigators — trained for this role — meet with guests and can make referrals.
· Younger volunteers fill leadership and advisory roles, may work on-site at times when guests aren’t present, to pack and prep ‘Boxes of Love’ (toiletry & emergency supply kits).
· To volunteer, provide your contact info by email for orientation and training: firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Background check will be required for volunteers working with guests. Way Station will cover the cost of this process.